HBHS Athletics Sports Day
We are holding the annual HBHS Athletics Sports Day at Porritt Stadium, Crosby Rd Chartwell on Wednesday, 26 February, 8:30am-2:35pm.
- Attendance at Athletics Sports for all students is compulsory. Each student is to report to their Tutor teacher in their House area at Porritt Stadium by 8.30am. The day offers all boys the opportunity to compete at a level that challenges them personally, and earn points for their ‘House’ in a strongly contested House Competition. It is also a day to identify our elite athletes and for students of all abilities to compete in at least one jumping, throwing and running event, as well as relays.
- Transport: Students are to make their own way to Porritt Stadium. The students are expected to be there by 8:30am. Please note that this is a very busy area for traffic and delays maybe expected, so leave early.
- Buses: Please see the separate School Links notice regarding bus information.
- Bikes: Must be locked and kept in the secure area throughout the day.
- Uniform: HBHS House or PE shirts with black PE shorts are to be worn to and from Porritt Stadium, or your normal HBHS school uniform. While participating in the events, PE uniform, House T-shirts, or House coloured T-shirts must be worn. Running shoes are recommended to be worn on the track (to avoid receiving blisters).
- Expectations: If students are absent due to sickness parents must ring or provide a note in the School Diary to the Tutor Teacher on the next school day of attendance.
- Sun: Please ensure your son has protection from the sun in the form of sunblock, a hat, sunglasses and clothing to cover up.
- Food: A canteen is available to buy lunch and drinks with EFTPOS available. No pizza or other takeaway deliveries or BBQs are permitted.
- Weather: If the weather is doubtful, please check the school website http://www.hbhs.school.nz/blog under school notices at 7:00am for cancellation. We will also send an email via school links.
- Belongings: Although we take every care to prevent loss of personal belongings, we urge students not to bring valuable items.
- Finishing Time: The day will finish at approximately 2:35pm when students will be released. We invite all parents to attend, tea and coffee will be available throughout the day. However, parents are requested not to seek early release for their sons, except in the case of appointments or emergencies.
Mr T Miller
TIC Athletic Sports Day